September Favourites

02:30


A very concise favourites post this month, as I realised when compiling the products for this round-up that I've worn pretty much the same look every day this month, and haven't made any new purchases! I'm not sure whether I should get a slap on the wrist for being so boring, or a pat on the back for not spending any money. 

What with being at work most days this month, my make up has taken on more of a pared back vibe, and moving into autumn I've been favouring warm colours and red lips.


The Marc Jacobs The Lolita 206 Palette is one I've had a couple of years, but it's one of those palettes that I keep rediscovering. With a good blend of mattes, shimmers and a glitter in one single palette, this bad boy is definitely versatile, hence why it hasn't left my make up bag! I've heard a rumour that Marc Jacobs is discontinuing all of their eyeshadow palettes and introducing a new range, so while I'm excited for that, I'd recommend snapping this one up fast before it's nowhere to be found.

The Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in "Walk of Shame" is my go-to Autumn lipstick; a mid-tone, rose-red shade that is incredibly flattering. A red lipstick that's easy and comfortable to wear? Yes, please.


Flakey-ass scalps are not the most glamorous topic to talk about, but it's a subject I feel quite passionately about. Having an itchy, irritating and dandruff-y scalp is definitely not the one, but it's something I do tend to suffer from, especially when stressed/not washing my hair enough. Enter the Philip Kingsley Exfoliating Scalp Mask. You squeeze the tube onto your scalp, massage it in, wait around for twenty minutes then wash your hair as normal. No more itching!

An old favourite I've been returning to is the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer. I'm not the biggest fan of this on any spots, but around redness or under the eyes it works a treat. Creamy, with good coverage, this lasts fairly well and doesn't cling to any dry patches. Not bad for under a tenner.

In the past, I've definitely been more of a "make up brush" girl when it comes to foundation, but I finally caved and gave the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge a whirl a couple of months ago. It took me a while to come round to the idea, but now I'm well and truly convinced. I don't think I'll be going back to foundation brushes any time soon, since this bounces foundation in quickly and seamlessly.

What have you been loving this month?

Never miss a post: follow me on Bloglovin'!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I know what you mean when it comes to scalp health - look for products with Zinc pyriothine as it is really smoothening and allows to calm scalps pH which means less dandruffs. Also, ditch the dry shampoo as it also disrupts the balance of pH, which makes yeast living on scalp very unhappy! Anyway, sorry for healthy scalp discussion hahah xx

    www.hairwonderfulday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't say sorry! Thank you for the advice, I'll look out for that! xx

      Delete
  2. This CT lipstick looks so so beautiful! I love the packaging too xx

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Marc Jacob's palette is such a stunner. Such wearable shades x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally struggle with itchy/flaky scalp, maybe I'll give that a try! Loved this post!:)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele! Definitely give it a go x

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try the RT sponge for so long, but I've held back as I'm a brush gal myself. The Lolita palette looks stunning! xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go, I was sceptical but it gives a really flawless finish x

      Delete
  6. Ooh I had no idea Philip Kingsley did a scalp exfoliator! I've tried a few things from their range and really like the scalp toner :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to try the scalp toner! It sounds right up my street xx

      Delete

Like us on Facebook