The Autumn Liptick Edit.

11:49


When the weather gets colder, and the leaves get crunchier, I start to switch up my make up routine for the autumn days. I did a similar post to this on my summer lipstick picks, which you can read all about here if that floats your boat. 

In the autumn, out go the hot pinks, and in come the reds and brownish-nudes. Paired with a bronzey eye like every other basic-a** b*tch, I'm ready to go drown myself in pumpkin-based beverages. 



The NYX Lip Lingerie liquid lipstick in "Ruffle Trim" is one of my favourites on this list; purely because for a girl who likes to eat, liquid lipsticks are the bomb.com. In terms of longevity, this formula is fairly good, and I can get through several hours (and several snacks) before I need to top up. The colour is perfectly autumnal; a darker nude that runs a little on the brown side. 


Another one of my all time favourites, and one that I mentioned in this post, is the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in "Walk of Shame". This one isn't so long lasting, but feels very comfortable on the lips, and the colour is stunning. The perfect red for this season.


The YSL Babydoll Kiss and Blush in "9" is the only pink on this list, but the shade has a slight purple tone to it, which makes it a little more autumnal. The formulation of this one is unusual, and it has a tendency to settle into any cracks in your lips you might have going on, so pop this on after a bathing in lip balm. 

- I couldn't find #9 online, but #8 looks very similar!


Rather than a "my lips but better", MAC's Amplified Lipstick in "Blankety" is more of a "my lips but browner". When I've got a lot going on on the eyes I reach for this one, as it's fairly pared back. It's very creamy to wear, but since it's quite a soft shade it does also tend to amplify those pesky cracks. 
 

Finally, and definitely the easiest to wear on this list, I've been loving the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in "06 Rosewood Shimmer". This is really more of a lipgloss, but the pigmentation of the formula means you still get a nude wash of colour over the lips. This also veers on the nude/brown side of the colour wheel, but has a flattering gloss finish. It's also not sticky, so even in autumnal gale-force winds you're safe from having hair stuck to your mouth. 

And there we have it! A new season = an excuse to buy five new lipsticks. What are your favourite lipsticks for autumn? 

Never miss a post: follow me on Bloglovin!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi all,
    Read my testimony!
    Getting ex back after a breakup.
    My boyfriend of a 2 year just broke up with me and am 28 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we've been arguing during the pregnancy a lot. After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn't have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me once and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my boyfriend are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Ahmed. as it is a place to resolve marriage/relationship issues, do you want to be sure if your spouse is being faithful to you or Do you want your Ex to come back to you Contact.: E-mail: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com call/whatsapp: +2348160153829 save your crumbling home. I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook